Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

James LaBrie - Impermanent Resonance (2013)
If the only new melodeath release this year was this album, it would still be landmark year for melodeath. If you haven't gotten into James LaBrie in his Dream Theater role for whatever reason then I strongly suggest you listen to this. The choruses are so catchy and the riffs are excellent not to mention the modern metal production that really complements the musical style. And the growled vocals fit perfectly with LaBrie's soaring vocal style. If you're already a fan of LaBrie in Dream Theater then I highly doubt you won't enjoy this. And if you're a fan of Soilwork and Amaranthe then I can virtually guarantee you'll enjoy this. All in all, I can say this is my favorite of LaBrie's solo albums and is my favorite melodeath album of 2013 besides the new one from Amon Amarth.
9.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment