Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer (2013)
I've never been a huge fan of this band, but this album might just help to turn that around. It's an aggressive, technical, chaotic, in-your-face thrill ride that left me seriously impressed with the band's incredibly tight playing. I have no idea how they stay in formation with all the insanity going on, but they do and it all works out to form some pretty awesome music. What's really the selling point for me is how they blend the mindbending riffs with really catchy, melodic moments which appear frequently throughout. In fact, I don't think I've heard any other band do that quite so well. Then again, I don't know if I've even heard anything similar to DEP. If you want to hear some unique, highly unorthodox music then this is the ticket.
9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment