Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Burst - Lazarus Bird (2008)
Well, it's been a while since I reviewed an older album so having just listened to this slice of awesomeness, I figured: Why not? Simply put, this is a magnificent piece of progressive wizardry with an aggressive hardcore attitude. The most notable aspects of this album are riffs which are some of the best I've heard in ages as well as the clean sections which are absolutely spellbinding. The only reason I won't give this a 10 is because a few of the songs meander a bit too much and the vocals are a tad underwhelming at times. Aside from that though, this band can easily hold its own against the progressive hardcore greats (don't know if that label applies, but I can't think of any other way to describe them) such as Isis, Mastodon, Baroness, and Converge. I was pretty much blown away starting from track one and continued to be so throughout. I really hope this band gets off their hiatus or whatever their situation is and makes another full-length. In the meantime, I'll be digging through their back catalog hoping to find something as good as or even better than this album (not sure if that's even possible though).
9.5/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment