Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

The Antlers - Burst Apart (2011)
As far as indie rock goes, this band is hands-down one of the best I've ever heard. I'm ashamed to admit I only very recently discovered them, but better late than never. Their sound is very close to that of Radiohead (who vocalist Peter Silberberg admits is one of his top influences), but they still manage to keep their musical identity intact and quite vibrant with a healthy infusion of post-rock. In fact, if there's any band that could make post-rock pop it's this band. The instrumentation is very fresh and organic while Silberberg's vocals are simply magical and heartfelt. Again, I'm not much of an indie fan in general, but my respect for the genre did go up several notches after hearing this album.
9.5/10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment